Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Dear Lily

Dear Lily,
In two days, I get to meet you. Do you know how excited I am? But I'm afraid, too. I don't think I've ever felt those two emotions at the same time before, so this is new to me. I just want you to know that the decisions we've made for you and your birth have not been easy decisions, but your daddy and I have made them out of complete love for you. What's been scary is not knowing if those decisions were the ones that will allow us to spend time with you. Such is the way of a parent's love. We think we make the right decisions, but sometimes we don't know that answer until later. (You can ask Rani and Autumn all about it.)

You are such a fortunate little girl. You have a wonderful daddy who loves you beyond the stars, two sisters who will absolutely adore you and play dress up with you all you want, and a big brother who will watch over you like big brothers should. Plus, you have family members who will fill in the gaps that your daddy and I neglect to fill. They love you so much, too. But, Lily, there are so many more people out there who love you already! Some of them are even from other countries! You have made such an impact on their lives. You are one powerful little girl!

So, because all of these people are praying for you and cheering you on and loving you so much, you've just got to pull through! I know it won't be easy, and I'll completely understand if fighting for your life becomes too hard and you need to give up or you hear a call more beautiful than what I could ever offer and you want to go to it, but also know that we are here waiting and hoping and wanting to meet you more than the ocean wants to meet the shore.

Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment