Sunday, March 20, 2011

Trisomy Awareness Month

March is Trisomy Awareness Month. The 18th is Trisomy 18 Awareness Day. I hate to admit it, but I've not been very vocal about either of these. There's just not been a whole lot of time. If I'm not feeding, I'm changing a diaper; and if I'm not doing either of the two, I'm playing with three adorable children and trying to get a little cleaning in.

There have been, thankfully, other Trisomy mommies who have been very vocal. One Trisomy mommy, Alisha, created a photo album of children with Trisomy 18 and 13. I am so impressed with this photo album! I honestly had no idea that all of these children existed! It just further goes to show that "incompatible with life" is not an appropriate "label."

I highly recommend that you take a look at Alisha's photo album. . .and keep going back to it because she adds new ones every day.

https://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2106934&id=1324844228&fbid=1869236453703&ref=mf

P.S. to the following mommies (and their babies): Sara F. (Alice), Carrie (Annabel Leigh), May (Vera), Taryn (Mikayla), Alyssa's mom, Susan (Zane) and Lisa (Lilly)--I don't recall seeing your child. If you're on facebook, I'm sure Alisha would be honored to post a picture of him or her in her album.

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful link; thanks for sharing all those gorgeous pics of gorgeous miracles!
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete