Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Dear Givers

My dear givers,
Every month or so, we get a gift from you. We have no idea who you (all) are, but we are so grateful for your kind and giving spirit. We feel as if we don't thank you enough, but there are so many times I say a silent thank you. Moving to Charleston was not easy financially, even though now I think we're doing ok. But how many times have we needed diapers or gas or a date night or clothes, and the gifts you provided us with were there? Countless!

Today, an even bigger gift was given. It was the usual from one of our "friends," but the envelope had been ripped open at the very top of the envelope, as if someone had taken a knife right to the seam. Had it been ripped a fraction of a bit more, the cards could have fallen out. (I'm hoping you only sent three. . .that's what we usually get.) But they didn't! Even the prayer card was still in there, reading "God is my strength and power: and he maketh my way perfect" and "I can do everything through him who gives me strength." Is this a sign?!

So today, I send a thank you to you, my givers, but also to those who honestly handled our mail. How easy it could have been to take such a gift! I love it when I see evidence of good people in the world! Thank you!

On another note: There is a little girl out there, Lilly, who has Trisomy 18. She is in severe heart failure, but her parents have found someone to do surgery on her provided she gains enough weight. The little thing is at 4 lbs. 9 oz., yet the doctor wants her to be as close to 10 lbs for her surgery. They feel they are racing against time. With all the tests and hookups, her mother is wondering if she's chosen the right option. Please, please pray for this little girl and her family. While we never had to consider surgery for Lily, I can remember wondering if we chose the right life for her with our selfish love for her. Oh, what this mother must be going through! If you're interested, you can follow Lilly's story at http://pray4lilly.blogspot.com.

1 comment:

  1. I pray God will "consider this Lilly" too, giving her parents wisdom, peace, and hope!

    ReplyDelete