Thursday, August 19, 2010

Dear "Nana"

A comment from a reader, Nana: OMG'osh! God is sooooo good! Your family is just simply beautiful... from "A Few Pics" August 14, 2010

Dear "Nana,"
I don't know who you are, but I'd like to thank you. Thank you for the sweet comment, but thank you also for not even knowing that you would put a knot in my throat and bring tears to my eyes with the words you had written, and thank you for bringing such a beautiful thought to light at a time when I think I really needed it.

Too many years ago, I lost my "Nana." She was like a second mother to me, and I miss her dearly. Upon seeing your comment, my first thought went to my nana. I know, without a doubt, that she is up in Heaven, and I couldn't help but imagine that she was saying this to me: OMG'osh! God is soooo good! She would know, wouldn't she!?!

I've always wished that she were alive to meet Dave, because I know she would love him and be so happy for me, knowing that I have such a great husband. I believe she would be so proud of Rani and Autumn for their accomplishments, and she would delight with me in seeing them become such beautiful young women. Then there's Gabriel. She would think he is so precious and smart, and I can hear her laugh right now at all the funny things he does and says. And Lily. Oh, how she would have so much praise for our little miracle, and she would be so proud of all of her accomplishments. I've always wished. . .

You wrote your comment, and I imagined her saying to me Your family is just simply beautiful...

I needed to hear that from her.

1 comment:

  1. Perhaps your "Nana" spoke through me that day. I think she would want you to know what a beautiful wife and mother you are. Lily has been a fighter from the beginning. God carefully chose your family of loving hearts to nurture her while here on earth. With all this love, she has flourished...she is simply amazing! I know "Nana" is so proud of you and your family. I know I am..."Nana Jones"

    ReplyDelete