Thursday, January 14, 2010

Such improvements!

Lily's pediatrician is thinking that we should do a CT scan on her gall bladder, but he realizes our hesitation because of sedation, so he's going to intervene and see if it can't be done without sedation. He says the cameras are so quick that if she's asleep, they should be able to get a shot of her and see. He's also recommending that Lily see a gastroenterologist. I think that's a good idea. I think Lily has something going on, maybe reacting to something I eat or not being able to digest what she's taking in. I don't know if this doctor will be able to tell us anything, but it doesn't hurt to see.

I think Lily is going through a growth spurt. She wakes at night to eat every two to two and a half hours. I'm getting hour and a half naps throughout the night. Last night, I went to bed at ten, woke up at 10:45. Lily ate, but stayed awake until 1:30. She woke up again at 4 but dawdled eating. I put her in bed at 4:15, but she woke up at 4:45 and stayed awake until 6 or 6:30. Then she woke up again at 7:30. I laid in bed and fed her and got about an hour's sleep before Gabriel woke up. Luckily, Rani came over and played with Gabriel, so a got a little nap today.

Then again, maybe all this fussiness is because she might be cutting a tooth. She sure does have her hand in her mouth a lot and chomping on it like it's going out of style. Plus, she's been running a low-grade fever. Little girl! She'll look cutely funny with a tooth sticking out of her mouth. Her head's so small, I just can't imagine it.

She's beginning to reach for our faces and for some of her toys. She'll accept a little cereal if, and only if, she's in the bathtub. Getting positive remarks from the PT and OT and SLP and EI. . .it's so good to see and hear. I need those positives. The SLP ordered a Haberman Feeder to see if that's a bottle Lily will take. She ordered the mini-nipple because Lily's mouth is so small. Hopefully, the order will be in before next week's therapy session.

Thank you so much for your continued thoughts and prayers. Goodnight.

2 comments:

  1. I hope it was a good night Jill!

    I love to hear about how wonderful your medical team is. Lily is well loved and supported. Your doctor is a hero and sounds like a very special man.

    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear that you're getting positive fb from your therapists! Hope the Haberman works!! Hope you're able to get some sleep!
    Continuing to send hugs and prayers
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete