Thursday, January 19, 2012

My Dream

The other day, I read this post about a little boy who recently passed away.  His name is Tripp.  Tripp had a condition called Junctional Epidermolysis Bullosa, where the skin forms blisters with any type of friction.  It was heartbreaking to read his mother's story, to see the struggle he went through on a daily basis.  What was even more heartbreaking was that when he passed away, he was two and a half years old.  (In the pictures I saw, he looked to be about fourteen months old.)  I cannot fathom the pain he must have gone through--the pain his mother must have gone through knowing his pain--for those two and a half years.  A lifetime of pain.  It still hurts my heart to think about him.

That night, though, I had a dream.  Really, it seemed more like a vision because it was such an early dream, as if I had hardly had any time to fall asleep and then I woke so suddenly.  I dreamed of little Tripp.  His body was floating in a horizontal position, and two little flying fairy/angel type characters were wrapping strips of light cloth around him.  They were happy, but not in a disrespectful way.  They were gentle and . . . light.  Their movements seemed to mimic a maypole fashion, one going around one way, the other going around the opposite direction, moving over and under each other.  Then they stopped and looked up.  I followed their gaze and saw the sky open up to this soft light.  That light!  It was so peaceful and comforting and warm.  And it settle my heart from the breaking it felt for Tripp and his family.

No comments:

Post a Comment