Sunday, June 14, 2009

We're back!


Look! We're in two places at once!


Could Lily be the youngest to walk the Appalachian Trail?


Sunbathing, but not for long. . .


She's in there somewhere.


Lily's first hike up a mountain


Lily's first train ride.


She's a natural outdoorsman. . .er, woman. . .er, baby.


Gabriel, Lily, and Mommy

So I know that Lily won't remember any of this, but we had a blast and a nice relaxing week. Honestly, I almost cried the day we walked a (small) part of the Appalachian Trail. It was my first time on it, even though I've wanted to hike it for some time. It just did my heart good to know that Lily was able to have this experience at such an early age, and that we aren't going to let her T-18 stop us from giving her even more experiences like this. It did all of us good. The Smoky Mountains are beautiful and refreshing, and I wish we could get away more often and spend our weekends surrounded by the greenery and all that Mother Nature offers us. The mountains always have this way of altering my perspective and scaling me down a bit. I actually think I could live there. If you've never been there, I highly recommend it!

7 comments:

  1. We are leaving in the morning to go to the Smoky Mountains ourselves. I hope we have as good a time as you did. It also does my heart good to know that Lily is getting to experience all of this, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you had a great time. I love the pictures of her one with nature! Praying she will continue with her good health and love to see your family enjoying life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. BABY MOSES ON A ROCK! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My heart has been warmed by the stories of Lily's first family vacation and all the related stories about the feeding tube, etc. I'm praying for good news at today's appointment. She looks absolutely beautiful, as do all of you...surely God orchestrated this time of refreshment and renewal. Love,
    Momma Ray

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jill the pictures are GREAT! I love the one with here snuggled in the blanket. All I see are chubby checks and sweet lips! Gabriel looks like the proud big brother. Glad ya'll had a fun, relaxing vacation! Hope to see ya'll soon!
    Love,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  6. I keep on looking at your photos over and over again. You all look so great. The strawberry outfit is absolutely amazingly adorable. We continue to pray for Lily's ongoing great health every day and for strength for your family. Keep them coming and videos! xo Shannon (Oliver's mom)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful family you have. Thank you for sharing the pictures. It is so heartwarming to see the happiness and freedom that Lily is getting to experience.

    Grow and be strong sweet Lily,
    Love from California,
    Nichole

    ReplyDelete