Thursday, December 25, 2008

December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas!

While today is a day of joy for so many families, there is a bit of sadness clouding my family. It has been since the beginning of November. It was then that I found out that the baby I'm carrying, due April 21, 2009, has a condition called Trisomy 18. If you've never heard of it, well, neither had I. It's not as well known as another trisomy condition, Trisomy 21, aka Down Syndrome. While I'll explain it later in better detail, I'll go ahead and say that most of the medical community consider it a condition that is "incompatible with life."

This blog is an account of my journey, along with my family's, as we venture through this unknown territory. We have no idea what the outcome will be. What we do know is that, already, this baby has beat the odds, and that is worth talking about and sharing with others! I thank you, in advance, for following along. I wish with all of my heart that I could say this story will have a happy ending. On the other hand, it may--once you change your definition of what a happy ending actually is. God Speed. . .

1 comment:

  1. God is holding all of your hands as He has always done. This is a special baby and he gave it to two very special people. Feel the love of all of your friends and family and know that we also have our hands on you and prayers are lifted up daily. I love you.

    ReplyDelete